Last night Jack spent the bulk of the night in discourse with the Holy Spirit. It was quite a lengthy and serious dream. He was discussing the Bible with the Holy Spirit (in the form of someone whom he does not know). By the time the dream was almost over, he was repeatedly reminded of one verse, John 14:14. Therefore, he got up and read his Bible.
“If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:14) This verse is linked to the following verses:
“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” (1 John 5:14, 15) Then he decided read the whole chapter five. He found further revelation as follows, which clarified what he has been meditating.
Although this is a great promise of God answering prayers, there are conditions: Christians need to go through Jesus’ name. Christians need to know God’s will and ask accordingly.
Your position must be right: verses 1-15
- born of God
- Believe that Jesus is the Christ.
- Love God –keep His commandments
- Love His children
- walk by faith
- overcome the world
- Know who Jesus is.
- Three witnesses in heaven: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit –they are one.
- Three witnesses on earth: the Spirit, the water (word) and the blood -they agreed as one.
- Believe who Jesus is.
- Christians have eternal life in the Son of God.
- Continue to believe in the Son of God.
Christians must live as an overcomer: verses 16-21
- Pray and intercede for Christians who sin.
- Know that all unrighteousness is sin.
- How can one not sin? Born of God, keep himself. The wicked one cannot touch him!
- Be separate from the world. The whole world is under the devil. Christians are under God’s rule.
- You have eternal life.
- Keep away from anything that will take God’s place in your hearts.
IN CHRIST DIAGRAM III: LIVE OVERCOMERS’ LIFE BY THE WILL OF GOD (I believe in the Son of God – eternal life – and overcome the world) Read 1 John chapter 5
There was another part of the dream. Jack will carry out the assignment separately in another exercise.