The watchman was led to ponder on the following passages today: all to do with the number seven (the number of God), all supernatural events.
(A) MIRACLES (through faith in action)
- Gen.7 “Flood covered the earth for 150 days”
- Exo.7 “Moses and Aaron performed the first miracle in Egyptian court before Pharaoh”
- Judges 7 “Gideon defeats the Midianites army” (Gideon’s army consists of 300 men with no weapons except torches, ram horns, broken clay jars and shouts; the enemies are countless like locusts)
- 1 Samuel 7 “Samuel leads the nation of Israel to victory just be pouring water (themselves) before the Lord at Mizpah, the Philistines army are defeated.”
- 2 Kings 7 “Four lepers visited the enemy camp and the whole Aramean army panicked and fled in fear, leaving abandoning all their possessions to the Israelites.
(B) PROPHECIES AND VISIONS
- Isaiah 7 “The sign of Immanuel” (Messiah)
- Jeremiah 7: Prophecy to Judah of coming judgment
- Ezekiel 7: Prophecy of “the coming of the end” (warning to Israel)
- Daniel 7: “Vision of four beasts” (End time) and “the Son of Man” given all authority, honor and sovereignty over all nations”.
- Amos 7: “Vision of Locusts”, “Vision of Fire” and “Vision of Plumb Line”
- Revelation 7 “God’s people will be preserved.” (in the tribulation)
(C) GOD’S PROMISES, HEALING, EXHORTATIONS
- Deut.7 “the Privileges of Holiness”
- Micah 7: “Misery turned to Hope” (promised to Israel)
- Zechariah 7: “A call for justice and mercy”
- Matt.7:7 “Keep on asking and you will receive what you ask for.”
- Luke 7:7 “Just say the word and my servant will be healed.”
- Mark 7:34-35 Jesus said, “Be Opened!” Instantly the man could hear perfectly and his tongue was freed so he could speak plainly!
- John 7:3-38 Jesus promised living water (the Holy Spirit) to anyone who comes to received from Him.
- Acts 7 Stephen testified for Jesus and saw heavens open and Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand.
- Romans 7: “No longer bound to the law”
- 2 Cor.7:1 “And let us walk toward complete holiness because we fear God.”