The supernatural God has placed eternity in the heart of man ever since creation. Man was not created for death. Adam’s fall was not meant to be. Death entered because of his fall. However, since then man has continued a lifelong quest to seek the everlasting design to be restored. The utmost wish is how to live a long and healthy life. Sicknesses is the number one enemy to mankind.
Why do most people prefer to linger as long as possible on earth? one main reason is fear. The fear of eternity. An average man does not know or concern with spiritual matters because spiritual matters cannot be seen and it is hard to ascertain. Oftentimes faith is required. Living in the eternal realm means living in the spiritual realm.
Faith is a key word in accessing the unseen and yet real realm of existence.
Can faith be acquired? How? Faith is a title deed given to those who want to believe in the unseen God. It is given freely to those who seek. God awards those who come to Him by faith. Eternity is not frightening. It merely means knowing God and the One Whom He sent (Jesus). It means even while on earth the believer can live and walk in eternity. There is a change of citizenship to that of a heavenly kingdom. He lives under God’s rulership and abides by God’s laws. He enjoys the rights and privileges of a citizen in this special kingdom (royal priesthood, holy nation and special people of God).
How does one enter this kingdom? By faith believing in God, and the ‘Entrance’ He has provided. The ‘Entrance’ is Jesus. Believe in Jesus having died and redeemed you on the cross, paid for your sins and suffered all the penalty for you. Believe that He is the Son of God, Who came to the world to save sinners and heal the sick. His death on the cross had paid for all sins, and the stripes He bore on His back prior being nailed on the cross had absorbed all diseases and pain. The hanging on the cross had broken all the curses on mankind.
Believe that Jesus not only died He was buried and on the third day He rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. He now sits at the right hand of God in heaven. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
Believe that there is a heaven and a hell. No one can avoid going to either one after death.
How does one enter the kingdom of God? Believe in the salvation of Jesus. By faith just believe in God’s word telling you this Good News.
What happens at the moment you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Savior and Lord? Something happens supernaturally and spiritually in heaven.
- The Holy Spirit (Spirit of Jesus Christ) gives birth to you.
- The word of God becomes the incorruptible seed planted in you.
- Your name is recorded in the Book of life in heaven.
- You are given the citizenship in the Kingdom of God (Kingdom of Light).
- You are given the Holy Spirit as a deposit/guarantee for your final salvation when Jesus comes again to give you the new heavenly body.
- You are given the privilege of the citizen in the kingdom of God: the status of the son of God, the authority of the name of Jesus, the power of the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of the truth and the life).
- You can receive and enjoy all the blessings given to Abraham the father of faith.
- You can enjoy all the gifts of the Holy Spirit and bear fruits of the Holy Spirit, living the divine nature of God.
- You can put on the whole armor of God, overcome the devil and You can live under the supernatural divine protection of God. All the promises of divine protection in the Bible are yours to claim and receive.
- You can live the super-abundant life that Jesus has promised to all who believe.
Eternity is wonderful. It is the answer to your prayer, as taught by the Lord Jesus to all His disciples of which you become one, “God’s Name be hallowed; God’s Kingdom comes; God’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven”! Jesus advises all: “Seek first God’s Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you!” (‘All these things’ means everything you need to live the super-abundant life that Jesus has promised evey believer of His.)