Lately the watchman was increasingly alerted to the urgent famine of the words of God in Christians. The words of God are real: they are life. They are spirit. Just as Jesus had declared. (John 6:63)
Here are two incidents of visions seen by an intercessor during group Bible reading.
During a recent reading of the whole Bible by a group of believers taking turn to read passages, in one continuous sitting (around 72 hours) in a prayer house, an intercessor who could see into the spiritual realm, saw a sword of the Spirit for each individual who had read, like a force field, circling and surrounding the person at the completion of the session. It was a living golden glowing sword.
On another occasion when the watchman and a small group of aspiring disciples (families of old and young) of the Lord Jesus took turn to read the Bible in another language in his sitting room, an intercessor saw lots of metal swords hanging down from the ceiling.
Be encouraged. Reading the Bible is not just a physical activity or a chore. It has spiritual implication and spiritual activity actually takes place when you read the words of God. The sword of the Spirit is real.
This wake up call by the Holy Spirit has also been received by a number of churches, as recently some churches have similarly started a movement of Bible reading. Press on…brethren!
- Revelation 1:16 In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.Revelation 1:15-17 (in Context) Revelation 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
- Revelation 2:12[ To the Church in Pergamum ] “And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: ‘The words of him who has the sharp two-edged sword.Revelation 2:11-13 (in Context) Revelation 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
- Revelation 2:16Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth.Revelation 2:15-17 (in Context) Revelation 2 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
- Revelation 19:15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.Revelation 19:14-16 (in Context) Revelation 19 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
- Revelation 19:21 And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.Revelation 19:20-21 (in Context) Revelation 19 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations