It is impossible for a watchman not to speak when receiving a clear message from the word of God. As posted on 7/22 (as received in an aftermath of 7/17) a mourning song from Jeremiah 9 for the nations, two more glaring horrifying air events happened with fatalities on 7/23. Within less than a fortnight (7/17-23) three tragic events were no small unnoticeable matters for watchman. The matters involve signs and nations of the world.
Here are the posts preceding this one, all within the short span of a week. Then when the latest bad news came, this watchman asked the Lord and received Jeremiah chapters 17 and 7. The day of Doom was spoken twice in chapter 17:17-18. The word “double” destruction was spoken in verse 18.
- a mourning song for the nations 07/22/2014
- Prayer call: Therefore you also be ready 07/21/2014
- conversation with God: 2014 It shall be one day Which is known to the Lord 07/21/2014
- conversation with God: 2014 these men have set up their idols in their hearts 07/20/2014
- conversation with God: 2014 Then I looked, and behold, 07/20/2014
- Conversation with God: when God spoke twice 07/19/2014
What does this mean? A watchman asked. At times like this, no watchman (messenger) can remain in each own comfort zone. what is the job of a watchman? The answer received is in the testimony (messages) of prophet Jeremiah (called to prophetic ministry in c. 626 BC) as recorded in the Bible. The instruction: read and understand the book of Jeremiah. This is the book for now.
The following are verses on the day of doom. Read and meditate the whole book of Jeremiah and Amos too. Pray and ask the Lord to reveal the messages for you today.
But, the watchman says, “here is still the GOOD NEWS”: