We cannot avoid and skip this chapter of economic future report. It was written and we just have to read on chapter by chapter one chapter a day. It is not a coincidence that the chapter number is the same as date of the month.
Points to ponder below and questions (on solutions) to ask: What shall I do now?
The well developed and viable nations, cities and many professions are affected in this economic future report. We summarize below some severe breakdowns, burdens and destructions on the following:
- Many well developed areas will no longer be inhabitable. People are dispersed globally.
- What organizations and professions will be affected? Religions, employments, domestics and households, traders, suppliers and consumers, debtors and creditors, financers and borrowers.
- Law and order keepers. Security enforcers. Civil and military authorities.
- Farming and food production industries.
- Food and beverages industries.
- Health care industries.
- Housing industries.
- Entertainment industries.
- Practically every aspect of a modern and civil life is broken down into chaos.
Look! The Lord is about to destroy the earth
and make it a vast wasteland.
He devastates the surface of the earth
and scatters the people.
2 Priests and laypeople,
servants and masters,
maids and mistresses,
buyers and sellers,
lenders and borrowers,
bankers and debtors—none will be spared.
3 The earth will be completely emptied and looted.
The Lord has spoken!
4 The earth mourns and dries up,
and the land wastes away and withers.
Even the greatest people on earth waste away.
5 The earth suffers for the sins of its people,
for they have twisted God’s instructions,
violated his laws,
and broken his everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore, a curse consumes the earth.
Its people must pay the price for their sin.
They are destroyed by fire,
and only a few are left alive.
7 The grapevines waste away,
and there is no new wine.
All the merrymakers sigh and mourn.
8 The cheerful sound of tambourines is stilled;
the happy cries of celebration are heard no more.
The melodious chords of the harp are silent.
9 Gone are the joys of wine and song;
alcoholic drink turns bitter in the mouth.
10 The city writhes in chaos;
every home is locked to keep out intruders.
11 Mobs gather in the streets, crying out for wine.
Joy has turned to gloom.
Gladness has been banished from the land.
12 The city is left in ruins,
its gates battered down.
13 Throughout the earth the story is the same—
only a remnant is left,
like the stray olives left on the tree
or the few grapes left on the vine after harvest.