With the increasing signs of the time, more and more Christians (old and young) are seeking to find and know God’s will and resources for them. Today you will find and know for yourself. What has Jesus said about you? What is the assignment or goal for you on earth? What is God’s will for your life? What has Jesus already given you in terms of resources and authority? I am sharing the following based on my personal understanding and experience with young (not according to chronological age) Christians. Older (more mature in our belief) Christians may want to use this as a revision of our first love for Christ (when we first accepted Jesus and were on fire for Him and sharing His Good News).
Let us read dome Bible verses to get the answers. Yes, all are related to the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ!
- The purpose and mission of a believer: You can find in a summary in Mark 16:15-18, 20. Also read Matthew 28:16-20) The overall goal is to witness Jesus Christ in your life (in word and in deed).
- God’s will: His will is to give you and all who believe in Jesus eternal life. John 3:16; 17:2-3; Acts 13:48; Romans 2:7, 5:21, 6:23; 1 Timothy 6:12, Titus19; 3:7
- Jesus has already given you these resources for a victorious life: the Holy Spirit: Salvation, Born again in Him, remember and understand the word of God, guidance into all truth, know the future concerning you, spiritual wisdom, power and might of God, spiritual weapons and the whole armor of God. John 1:33, 3:5-6, 14:17, 26, 15:26, 16:13, 20:22 ；Acts 1:8；2:1-4； 1 Corinthians 2:4-6, 10-12, 6:17,19；Romans 8:1-27, 15:19； 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, 12:12, 13:3； Ephesians 1:3,17,19;3:16;5:18-19;6:10,17-18; Philippians 1:19; 1 Thessalonians 1:5, 4:18, 5:19; 2 Thessalonians 2:13； 1 Timothy 1:7； 2 Timothy 1:14； Titus 3:5； Hebrews 10:29； 1 Peter 1:2,12,4:14; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 John 3:24, 4:13; Jude 1:20； Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 29, 3:6,13,22
- Authority： Jesus has also given His believer His name. John 14:13,14; 15:16; 16:24, 26a. Mark 16:16-20 Believer should pray in the name of Jesus. The name of Jesus has the power and authority given by God to Jesus. The name of Jesus invokes the presence of Jesus (in the Holy Spirit).
THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF THE NAME OF JESUS (THE NAME OF GOD) (Boldness added by me on the Bible verses)
Mark 16:16-18, 20 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[a] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.
- Mark 16:18 NU-Text reads and in their hands they will.
If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.In that day you will ask in My name,