I now realize that in the previous two chapters of 2 Corinthians Paul spoke of his relationship in Christ with God and then with man. In the third chapter he described his relationship with the Holy Spirit, his power source. I summarize below my understanding. Indeed this is my favorite chapter!
Chapter 3: Paul’s Ministry of the Holy Spirit
- Paul described the Holy Spirit as: The Spirit of the living God, the Spirit of Christ, the Lord.
- The Holy Spirit writes letter in the heart, gives lives, changes lives.
- New covenant of the Spirit gives life.
- Ministry of the Spirit is far more glorious than the ministry of the Old Testament.
- Whenever the Scripture is read and the people turn to the Lord, the Holy Spirit removes the veil in hearts to see Jesus as the Christ.
- The Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
- The Holy Spirit transforms us into the same image of the Lord, from glory to glory.
- Paul’s sufficiency is from God who made him minister of the new covenant of the Spirit who gives life.
- The ministry of the Spirit is also called: the ministry of the new covenant, the ministry of righteousness and the ministry of glory.
- Holy Spirit causes: Boldness, unveiled heart when the truth is preached, liberty whenever one turns to the Holy Spirit, transformation of lives.